ON-SITE & PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS SEMINARS
In-House Training Seminars. Since 1980, we’ve helped thousands of managers, engineers, financial specialists and sales pros enhance their value to their organizations and careers by becoming better presenters.
SEMINAR CLIENTS: We’ve provided on-site Winning Presentations Training Seminars for organizations nationwide. Here is a sampling of clients.
ATK, Moog Aircraft, Kratos, BAE SYSTEMS, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, GD, Rockwell, TRW, Goodrich…
Electronics, Systems Engineering, Software
L-3 Communications, SAIC, Ericsson Wireless, ATA Engineering, Quartus Engineering, HNC Software, Rockwell Semiconductor
Design, Environment, Engineering, Energy, Consulting
Tetra Tech, General Atomics, Burns & McDonnell Engineering, ABB, MACTEC, Ahlstrom Pyropower, HNTB Architects, Los Alamos Technical Associates, Ralph Parsons, Woodward-Clyde Consultants
AdGap Advertising, Balboa Life & Casualty, Banta Books, NYNEX, San Diego Gas & Electric
U.S. Navy SEALS, California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Port of San Diego, California Peace Officers Command College, University of San Diego, Project Management Institute, University of California San Diego Executive Leadership Programs…
SEMINAR TESTIMONIALS SHOW HIGH VALUE RECEIVED:
“Tom is a joy to work with — he is such an excellent communicator and teacher. He is very sharp at critiquing content and style to improve communications effectiveness.” David Price, GM, sponsor and attendee, L-3 Communications.
“Great, Time-efficient training! Best use of time at a training that I have experienced.” Charlie Weigel, Program Manager, ATK
“I thoroughly enjoyed participating in your workshop at Moog last week. Your clear, practical material helpful suggestions and entertaining deliver made the time go quickly for me. I expect to put to use right away the new ideas i gained from the experience. I’d be happy to recommend your workshop to anyone.” Jack Keebler, Corporate VP HR, Moog Aircraft
“Great learning experience.” Bill Briggs, Planner, Port of San Diego
“I was amazed at the change in our presentations in just one day.” Mario Liegghio, Product Line Manager, SIRF Automotive (2-day Public Seminar)
“Outstanding seminar. I learned a lot in two days.” Kathi Cutshall, Training Coordinator, Watson Pharmaceutical (2-day Public Seminar)
“It’s been almost two years since I took your class, and I continue to draw upon the knowledge and confidence I gained from the experience. I’ve given a couple of presentations to the whole company since then, and your coaching and advice made all the difference in my ability to create and organize slides and actually have the nerve to stand up in front of everyone. And as HR Manager, I can’t tell you how many times someone on the recruiting team has said ‘His presentation was pretty good, but he could use a Tom Leech class.’ So thank you, Tom!” Sally Ramseyer, HR Manager, ATA Engineering (San Diego)
TRAINING APPROACHES APPLY WELL-PROVEN CONCEPTS
While our approaches and techniques are well-proven, specific formats are developed through discussion and surveys. To aid your planning, here is a summary of our training approach and some typical formats.
- Better presentation results
- Improved preparation productivity
- Better ability to support and coach others
- Motivation for continued growth
- Principles – proven concepts for better oral/visual communication
- Process – techniques to develop better presentations more efficiently
- Practice – trying out the process and principles
- Feedback and coaching – from peers and seminar leader, plus video review.
Single or Partial Day Programs:
- For senior level, busy people. Overview of key presentation concepts, plus reviews of prepared presentations by all or selected participants. (6-10 people)
- For less experienced people. Provides several speaking opportunities to improve speaking assurance and comfort plus receive coaching on prepared presentations. (6-10 people)
- Conference program for larger groups, Focus on key topics plus review several selected participant presentations for case histories and specific feedback. (10-100 people)
- Proposal speaker-team seminar. Focus is specifically on helping teams get ready for upcoming proposal orals or interviews. Typically 2-4 hour session.
Two-Day Programs: Split groups. 10-12 people, fast-paced program, good for any level
- Day 1 (morning): Workshop of Winning Presentation concepts. (afternoon): Pre-assigned presentations given by all participants.
- Day 2: Second prepared presentations in split groups (morning, afternoon). In-class time is 12 hours each.
- Option is for 8-10 people, similar format to above, with all meeting both days, e.g., not split groups
Three-Day Programs: (With 12-18 people, more in-depth training and practice; alternative format switches days 1 and 2)
- Day 1: Full-day comprehensive workshop of Winning Presentations techniques.
- Day 2: Opening presentations review and feedback for all participants in split groups (identical morning and afternoon sessions).
- Day 3: Improved presentations by all participants, in split morning and afternoon groups. Individual or team presentations applying lessons-learned from previous. In-class time per person is 16 hours.