ON-SITE TRAINING SEMINARS TO SHARPEN
TEAM PRESENTATIONS CAPABILITIES… AND SUCCESS!
In-House Training Seminars. Since 1980, we’ve helped thousands of managers, engineers, financial specialists and sales pros enhance their value to their organizations and careers by becoming better presenters.
SEMINAR CLIENTS: We’ve provided on-site Winning Presentations Training Seminars for organizations nationwide. Here is a sampling of clients.
ATK, Moog Aircraft, Kratos, BAE SYSTEMS, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, GD, Rockwell, TRW, Goodrich…
Electronics, Systems Engineering, Software
L-3 Communications, SAIC, Ericsson Wireless, ATA Engineering, Quartus Engineering, HNC Software, Rockwell Semiconductor
Design, Environment, Engineering, Energy, Consulting
Tetra Tech, General Atomics, Burns & McDonnell Engineering, ABB, MACTEC, Los Alamos Technical Associates, Ralph Parsons, Woodward-Clyde Consultants
U.S. Navy SEALS, Port of San Diego, California Peace Officers Command College, University of San Diego, Project Management Institute, University of California San Diego Executive Leadership Programs (17 years)…
SEMINAR TESTIMONIALS SHOW HIGH VALUE RECEIVED:
From David Price, GM, L-3 Communications. sponsor and participant: “Tom is a joy to work with — he is such an excellent communicator and teacher. He is very sharp at critiquing content and style to improve communications effectiveness.
From Charlie Weigel, Program Manager, ATK: “Great, Time-efficient training! Best use of time at a training that I have experienced.”
From Jack Keebler, Corporate VP HR, Moog Aircraft: “I thoroughly enjoyed participating in your workshop. Your clear, practical material, helpful suggestions and entertaining deliver made the time go quickly for me. I expect to put to use right away the new ideas i gained from the experience. I’d be happy to recommend your workshop to anyone.”
From Tom Deiters, GM, San Diego’s ATA Engineering, Inc.: “In our business of high tech engineering consulting, effectively communicating our results is just as important as getting the right answer in the first place. We have been using Tom’s proven method of Winning Presentations to train every single one of our engineers since 1990. Our customers often comment that they appreciate how clear and informative our presentations are and our presentations at conferences stand out as some of the best year after year. If effective oral communication is important to the health of your company, you can’t find a better value for investing in that to ensure it is the best it can be.”
TRAINING APPROACHES APPLY WELL-PROVEN CONCEPTS
While our approaches and techniques are well-proven, specific formats are developed through discussion and surveys. To aid your planning, here is a summary of our training approach and some typical formats.
- Better presentation results
- Improved preparation productivity
- Better ability to support and coach others
- Motivation for continued growth
- Principles – proven concepts for better oral/visual communication
- Process – techniques to develop better presentations more efficiently
- Practice – trying out the process and principles
- Feedback and coaching – from peers and seminar leader, plus video review.
Single or Partial Day Programs:
- For senior level, busy people. Overview of key presentation concepts, plus reviews of prepared presentations by all or selected participants. (6-10 people)
- For less experienced people. Provides several speaking opportunities to improve speaking assurance and comfort plus receive coaching on prepared presentations. (6-10 people)
- Conference program for larger groups, Focus on key topics plus review several selected participant presentations for case histories and specific feedback. (10-100 people)
- Proposal speaker-team seminar. Focus is specifically on helping teams get ready for upcoming proposal orals or interviews. Typically 2-4 hour session.
Two-Day Programs: Split groups. 10-12 people, fast-paced program, good for any level
- Day 1 (morning): Workshop of Winning Presentation concepts. (afternoon): Pre-assigned presentations given by all participants.
- Day 2: Second prepared presentations in split groups (morning, afternoon). In-class time is 12 hours each.
- Option is for 8-10 people, similar format to above, with all meeting both days, e.g., not split groups
Three-Day Programs: (With 12-18 people, more in-depth training and practice; alternative format switches days 1 and 2)
- Day 1: Full-day comprehensive workshop of Winning Presentations techniques.
- Day 2: Opening presentations review and feedback for all participants in split groups (identical morning and afternoon sessions).
- Day 3: Improved presentations by all participants, in split morning and afternoon groups. Individual or team presentations applying lessons-learned from previous. In-class time per person is 16 hours.